Head of Bible C.A.R.E Initiative (BCI)
Singapore (travelling to countries in Asia as and when required)
Summary of Role:
- Help promote the place of Bible Advocacy within the global UBS Fellowship as a crucial component of Bible based mission and particularly to Asian Bible Societies.
- Manage and co-ordinate the development and delivery of the Asian Biblical Leadership Initiative
- Consult and collaborate with Bible Societies (particularly, Key Funded Bible Societies in Asia) and other partners in order to instigate creative Bible Advocacy projects worldwide.
- Working within the wider team, to deliver on the aims and objectives of the Bible C.A.R.E Initiative Centre and the Singapore & Asia International Bible Advocacy Centre.
- Work with Bible Societies in Asian and elsewhere as appropriate to develop appropriate ways of advocating the Bible in the public square.
- Work closely with the Head of International Programme, the Senior Bible Advocate and the International Advocacy Officer in the development of IBAC as a Mission Resource Centre within the UBS Fellowship.
- Work closely with the UBS Global Ministry.
- Exchange team and other Bible Societies staff in Asia in order to promote Bible Advocacy theory and practice.
- Project manage the Asia Biblical Leadership Initiative, including the ABLI Forum, co-ordinating resources and partner organisations to see the successful delivery of all ABLI related events.
- Help to develop ABLI as a year-round community of practice and support for Asia leaders, particularly through digital and social media.
- Liaise with the ABLI Working Group to shape the direction of the project.
- To represent the international team within bible society on cross departmental projects as necessary.
- Make BSS aware of new ideas and programmes that have been developed in other Bible Societies.
- Represent BSS and the international programme team at events, briefings and consultations and to external audiences as required.
- Undertake international travel across Asia taking in more than one country several times per year as necessary.
- Carry out ad hoc duties which may be required to ensure Bible Society maintains its effectiveness
- Participate fully in the corporate life of Bible Society, by attending All Staff Meetings, leading departmental meetings and attending occasional services.
- Doing all the above with a commitment to setting compelling standards of best practice, while aspiring toreflect the character, attitude and example of Jesus.
Qualifications, Experience, Abilities and Skills:
- A clear thinker, able to keep the big picture in mind and work towards the goals of the BFBS International Programme Strategy, IBAC and ABLI.
- A self-starter, able to operate effectively when working alone, and within a team.
- Proven ability to assimilate complex ideas, such as the thinking behind the IBAC and the aims of ABLI.
- Proven experience of successful, hands-on project management.
- Expertise in and experience of web development and digital media.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. This is an essential skill for the purpose of communication with colleagues at BFBS and within the UBS Fellowship.
- A strong ability to communicate, and build enduring relationships with individuals and organisations on behalf of Bible Society.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, ensuring the relevant people are involved at each stage and that deadlines are met.
- Extensive experience of travel in Asia preferably having lived in at least one Asian country for a significant period.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding and experience of cultures in Asia. Experience of International travel and working overseas is preferable.
- English and preferably Mandarin and other foreign languages.
The Bible Society is also very interested in the character of her staff and would want to know how you demonstrate the following:
Character for Teamwork
You will demonstrate good interpersonal skills, personal loyalty to colleagues, and a collaborative style of solving problems through a shared sense of common mission and purpose.
Character for Followership
You will recognise that the Trustees look to the group Chief Executive as the leader of Bible Society and you will be constructively supportive in enabling this structure to operate effectively Vision, values and spirituality.
At the heart of Bible Society is an emerging spirituality based on a ‘generous orthodoxy’ that centres on Christ and is expressed though our four core values of integrity, intelligence, interaction and inspiration.
Send Us Your CV
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.